At this point you know you want to get more involved with Animal Rescue and that you just love coonhounds, but you need to know how you can get involved.
Want to just dive right in? Fill in the Foster Home Application and become a foster home to a dog in need!
Here are some frequently asked questions for Foster Homes:
What is involved with being a foster home?
- Allow a dog to come into your home
- Provide the dog with love and structure
- Take the dog out, show them off, and help find them the best possible forever home
- All vet costs are paid by the rescue.
- However, you will need to provide food for the dog.
- It is optional (but always recommended) for you to purchase accessories for the foster dogs (beds, toys, leashes, collars, etc.)
- It varies from dog to dog. Some dogs you will have for a few weeks, others a few months, some a year.
Things you can do without fostering are:
- Assist with Home Visits in your area for adoption applicants and foster home applicants
- Assist phone screenings (if necessary)
- Calling references from applicants
- Help maintain website information and keep an eye on the facebook pages
- Adoption follow-up coordinator
- Foster Home follow-up coordinator
- Helping out at special events
- Transporting dogs to their new homes (local and long distance)
- Web site maintenance
- Fundraising ideas
- Distributing our Coonhound Companions information package (via the internet and by bringing them to various locations)
- So, there are many things you can do to help Gentle Jakes Coonhound Rescue be a success with all their rescue dogs! Write to us and let us know what you can do to help!